Sunday, January 22, 2012

Care for a story?

Hey there, old friends.

The spring semester has begun. 
Here's a few things I've done.

Threw rotten apples at my roommate's window at night to scare her.
Emily is terrified that there is a ghost that lives upstairs.
She swears that the ghost has said 'hi' to her before.
On a particularly suspicious night, she went upstairs to read in her room;
So Morgan and I decided it would be best to throw old apples at her window.
We could hear her scream from outside.


Read a memoir on my favorite author, Kurt Vonnegut.
This was one of my favorite passages from it. He wrote it himself. 


Wrote a poem.
I had to write an haiku in my English 2010 class about my Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.
I realize I spelled, 'promiscuous' incorrectly.


Had Camie Oka draw a henna tattoo on me.
I've been by this girl's side for the last few weeks. I really enjoy her company.
Yesterday, we had Indian food, danced for multiple hours, and she drew a dream-catcher on my arm.
If I ever need a loyal, 'up-for-anything' friend, I call her.


Went bowling with the good, old Carl's Jr. Boys.
Remember those boys? 
Well, one of them had a birthday, so to celebrate, we all went bowling.
I scored a 124. 
I really think I'm in the middle of my prime bowling years.


Ran 10 miles.
From Hyrum, UT to my house in Logan, UT.
It took me 83 minutes. 
I had Samuel drop me off and he was so concerned that I wasn't going to make it.
Morgan (top picture: very left) and I are running to Idaho (about 18.4) miles by the end of this semester.
She ran 10 a few days before I did. 
Next week, we are running 15 together.
Then a month or so from now....IDAHO!


Almost got a black eye.
Almost!!!
If any of you don't know: I have three things I want to do before I die:
1. Ride a horse.
2. Own a huge truck.
3. Get a black eye.
Well, on my way to go get sushi with Matthew, a dear friend of mine, I was a little to anxious to open his car door.
I was reading a post-card from my friend, Alyson, as I swung the door open; right into my head.
I burst into tears immediately.
Later, as the bruise formed, I wished so badly that I had been only a few inches taller, and I would've been able to check off 'black eye' from my bucket list.
Either that, or I would've been blind.


Besides all that nonsense, a few more words. 

Huge ice puddles are everywhere around campus because of the rain&freezing temperature.
I have been lucky to not slip on any.....yet.


Sam's Christmas present to me finally came in the mail! A new toe ring!
It looks just like the cute one in Idaho that I lost.
This one will never come off.


Emily and I (the twins), decided that for the first time EVER, both of us would wear heels to church.
Once again, we both decided this with out coordinating with the other person.
I don't know how we keep matching like this.
Although, I was grateful to have someone to stumble around the church halls with me today.


Parker McCormick comes home in less than 3 weeks!
Can you believe it?
I probably should've been more loyal about writing him back.....


1 comment:

  1. One comment...who is Martin ? :) and (oh this makes two comments)...can Camie draw a tattoo on me?

    ReplyDelete